entretoises de bras oscillant

Comment améliorer, préparer, réparer ou restaurer un elef' / GC
Répondre
Flyben
Tronche de Ganesh...
Tronche de Ganesh...

entretoises de bras oscillant

Message par Flyben »

Michiel de la liste EAB va centraliser une commande internationale de Set complets de ces entretoises de bras.

ces entretoises passent sur 350/650/750/900AC/750AC des modèles spécifiques 900ie seront faits
j'en prends 2 sets pour ie et 3 pour AC

si le coeur vous en dit: je mets le message originel ici, merci de voir directement avec Michiel, qui parle un peu Français, et bien anglais, allemand et néerlandais.
merci de préciser pour quel modèle vous souhaiter commander

Some of the parts that are no longer made by Cagiva, but that are showing different stages of wear on our bikes, are the bearing bushes in the swingarm. Some refer to them as top hat bushes.
These bushes have a machined, hardened and ground to size outer diameter that run in the swingarm bearings, and have a bottom (or top) ring to keep the shims in place.

Due to the necessary hardness and accuracy of the load bearing surface, these parts are not easily made, especially not in one off or small quantities. So if a replacement part would be made, it would have to be done in a single, large enough production run to make it economically feasible.

Our ultimate source of Elefant knowledge and assistance in the northern part of the UK has access to a place that is able and very likely willing to make such a single run. But for that company to even start looking into it and come back with prices and lead times, we need to know howmany people are interested in getting a set (or more) for their bike. And with interested we mean people that are actually going to take them, provided the pricing will be right off course. Although exact mimimum numbers are not known yet, at the moment we estimate that a minimum of 400-500 bushes is required to get a decent price. Taking into account that each swingarm uses 4 bushes, we need at least 100-125 people for this to work.

Some things to consider:
- Original bushes are not identical in the left and right arm of the swingarm. Only one size will be produced, I will discuss with Roy what the best approach would be: the shorter version, or the longer version where people can cut down 2 of them with an angle grinder to accomodate the other side of the swingarm.
- I am investigating supplying the bushes as a complete kit with 4 needle bearings (full compliment as per the original) and seals. Also for these parts I hope to use the volume to be able to negotiate a nice deal with a supplier, so this will also depend on interest.
- Payment & shipping will need to be worked out later on (prior to ordering the manufacturer).

If you're seriously interested, please email me directly (michiel.durante@planet.nl) with your contact details and desired number of sets, and if you require bearings/seals. I will draw up a total list (this message will be posted on other sites as well) and work it out from there.

have fun folks

--
flyben
Répondre